KIDS WEEKLY SEW STUDIO | THOMASTOWN, KILKENNY | STARTS 4th SEPT | TUES + WED - 4pm + 5pm
Come join me in my home studio, at Rose Cottage in Thomastown, for my weekly Sew Studio classes. A range of design and sewing skills will be taught each week for kids aged 8 to 13.
Your child will get to explore the world of patterning, CMT (Cut, Make & Trim) and creating useful products every week. During the hour, there will be fun making small projects led and decided upon by your child or even bigger projects that the group can make together. This allows the freedom and creative flow that other classes don't always allow!
My goal is to teach the skill of sewing in a fun, inspiring way whilst giving kids the confidence to express their creativity and encouraging each child to have pride in their work. Your child will gain the following benefits:
- Follow step by step directions to complete a task
- Use of spatial thinking in following instructions
- Practical application of math skills ( e.g. measuring, ratio, proportion, visualisation)
- Development of creative skills involving colour, shape, texture, and self-expression
- Organisational skills
- Social/emotional skills (e.g. patience, teamwork and cooperation)
ALL MACHINES, (MOST) FABRICS AND SUPPLIES WILL BE PROVIDED and kids will leave with everything made in classes.
Class size is limited to 4 and our workshops fill up fast so don't forget to reserve your spot by purchasing your childs place in the class. If you would like to guarantee a weekly spot you can select the day and time below and pay online to hold your space. Once you pay for your first class, you can pay for upcoming classes in person.
Rose Cottage, Thomastown, Kilkenny, R95 E6K6.